Never miss out on a great lunch again!
SocialEats is a Ruby on Rails 5 application designed to solve the problem of feeling you missed out on a great lunch outing. Our goal was to build a social networking tool that would let a user set up a lunch event and invite their friends, coworkers or classmates. We did this by using Rails 5’s ActionCable to facilitate real-time communication over websockets between users, and ActionMailer to give users the ability to send email invitations to their friends.
- Ruby on Rails 5
- ActionCable for real time communication over over websockets.
- ActionMailer to email invitations to users for events.
- AJAX call to Yelp API occurs asynchronously without reloading the page.
- Users can use their Facebook account to log in and retrieve their user image.
- Deployed application to Heroku using Heroku CLI toolbelt.